Health Service Board Elections
The Health Service Board (HSB) elections will occur in May 2019 to elect two Commissioners. Commissioners can be nominated from the SFHSS membership. The nomination period starts on Friday, January 11 and runs through Thursday, February 14 at 4:00pm PST.
Nominations can only be made by eligible SFHSS members (both active employees and retirees). SFHSS encourages anyone who is interested to nominate themselves or other worthy candidates to be a part of the HSB.
If you are interested in participating in the process, please review the election timeline below, which includes important deadlines:
- January 11, 2019 – SFHSS members can start nominating candidates for the election that will take place May 9 - 29, 2019.
- February 14, 2019 - 4:00pm PST – Nomination forms are due back to the Health Service Board Secretary no later that 4:00pm on February 14, 2019. Completed nomination forms can be mailed or dropped off in person at our offices during normal business hours.
- February 21, 2019 – Nominees will be notified of the nomination status.
- February 28, 2019 – Candidates who have been notified of their nomination will meet at the Department of Elections for an orientation meeting from 2:00pm-4:00pm.
- March 27, 2019 – Deadline for candidates to file their Election Statements with the Department of Elections.
- April 30, 2019 – Ballots are mailed out by the Department of Elections to SFHSS members.
- May 9 through May 29, 2019 – Election is live. All ballots MUST be mailed back to the Department of Elections. No ballots can be delivered to SFHSS offices.
- May 30, 2019 – Ballots are counted and winners are announced.
- June 13, 2019 – Elected members begin their term on the Health Service Board.
Nomination Forms - Click here to download the 2019 HSB Nomination Form.