Be Prepared for this Year's Flu Season
Seasonal flu viruses are most common during the fall and winter months. The best way to reduce your risk of getting the flu is to get vaccinated every year. Facing the seasonal flu in addition to the pandemic may seem overwhelming, however, we can all do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and the seasonal flu. Here are a few tips to help you stay healthy this season:
- Get your free flu shot - Vaccination clinics are offered at various CCSF worksites or contact your health care provider on how to receive one.*
- Stay home when you are sick - Avoid going to work, school, or public settings to protect others from getting sick too.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth - Germs spread easily this way.
- Clean your hands - Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, and make sure your family does the same. Watch this handwashing video with kids.
- Keep healthy habits in your routine - Ensure you get plenty of sleep, physical activity, manage your stress, drink plenty of water and eat nutritious food.
*Check the website daily for openings. If appointments are sold out, contact your health care provider to book a flu shot.