If you will not be making any changes to your existing benefit elections,
there is no need to register at this time.
IMPORTANT - Before you start the registration process, be sure to use one of the following internet browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
Internet Explorer is not supported.
We are excited to introduce eBeneﬁts, our new online Open Enrollment system that allows you to enroll in your annual beneﬁts online.
SFHSS' annual Open Enrollment period for Plan Year 2020 will take place from October 1-31, 2019.
If you are a retiree who received a temporary password from SFHSS, you can save time and a trip to SFHSS and enroll online. If you have never previously set up your account, register today at the City and County of San Francisco’s Employee Portal, where our eBeneﬁts online Open Enrollment site is located.
Retiree members: It is critical that you set up your account as soon as you receive your temporary password in the mail, before the Open Enrollment period begins because your temporary password will expire.
Instructions for accessing online Open Enrollment will be sent to you with your Open Enrollment materials at the end of September.
How to Enroll for eBenefits
Before you get started, watch this short, informative video which will help you register for eBenefits, the convenient, fast and secure way to enroll in health benefits during Open Enrollment.
In addition to video above, please watch these 2 short, helpful videos about registering here.
Retired employees who received a temporary password should go to the https://bifrost.sfgov.org to create your account within 30 days from the date of your letter.
For your security, you will be required to create security questions and provide an email address of your choice for Enhanced Password Protection. This will provide you with enhanced security and allow you to reset your password in the future without contacting the Department of Technology’s Help Desk should you become locked out of your account. With Enhanced Password Protection, you will be able to reset your own password through your personal email or text.
Before you begin, have the following information ready:
- Your Employee ID Number
- Your temporary password (this password will expire within 30 days from the date of your letter)
- A new password (see below on how to create a new password)
- Have an email or cell phone number ready to sign up for the required Enhanced Password Protection
How to Create a New Password
- have a minimum of 10 characters in length
- include one of each of the following:
- upper case value
- numeric value
- special character (e.g., !, #, &, etc.)
- not contain spaces, tabs, or line breaks does not contain your ﬁrst name or last name
- not reuse of previous seven passwords is not allowed
- include an email address or cell phone number to allow you to reset your password in the future
Additional Help Resources
- Watch 2 short, helpful videos about registering here.
- Find step-by-step instructions for signing up online. IAM (Identity Access Management) Instructions
- Because online enrollment is web-based, frequently issues you may encounter when the system is not functioning correctly, or your credentials are not recognized are related to your web browser. Clearing the cache can frequently remedy the issue. When you encounter difﬁculties, you should ﬁrst take these steps. How to Clear Your Cache
Questions? Need assistance setting up your account?
If you are unable to resolve registration or login issues and still need assistance prior to the expiration of your temporary password, call the Department of Technology Help Desk at (628) 652-5000 from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. Have your temporary password and Employee ID Number ready. Please note that the Help Desk cannot assist with any beneﬁts-related questions.
If you are seeking assistance after the expiration of your temporary password and you never were able to set up your account, call the San Francisco Health Service System at (415) 554-1750 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 8:00am-5:00pm and on Thursdays from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
Visit our Contact Us page for more details.