Should I get tested for COVID-19?
Discuss your symptoms or concerns with your primary care physician and he or she will refer you for testing, if appropriate.
Testing may be ordered if:
• You have symptoms of COVID-19 (please see below).
• You have had close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) with someone with COVID-19.
• You have been asked or referred to get tested by your healthcare provider.
Where should I get tested for COVID-19?
Clinic and mobile testing sites are available in San Francisco and the East Bay.
- Carbon Health
- CityHealth Urgent Care
- Dignity Health Urgent Care
- Sutter Health CPMC
- For a complete, up-to-date list of all Covid-19 testing sites, click here.
Please reserve CityTestSF for First Responders, Essential Workers and Uninsured Vulnerable Residents
What are Common Symptoms of COVID-19?
According to the Centers for Disease Control, people with COVID-19 can have a wide range of symptoms. Symptoms can be mild to severe and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
You may have COVID-19 if you have:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting