SFHSS Medicare Members Have Transportation Benefit to Get to COVID Vaccine Appointment
SFHSS Medicare members have access to transportation benefits that they can use for their COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
For Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage members:
To schedule a ride:
• For rideshare, taxi, or private transportation service, call (877) 930-1477 (TTY 711).
• For wheelchair van or gurney van transportation service, call (833) 226-6760.
• Request your ride at least 3 business days (Monday through Friday) before your appointment. If you have an urgent last-minute appointment, call as soon as you can, and we’ll try to accommodate you.
For UnitedHealthcare Medicare members:
When they call, members should have the following information ready:
• Their Kaiser Permanente or UnitedHealthcare ID card
• The date and time of the appointment
• The pick-up and destination addresses
• If they need a return trip
• If anyone will be traveling with them (such as a family member or caregiver)