Change of Address

Change of Address

If you move your primary residence to a location outside your health plan’s service area, you cannot obtain services through that plan.  Do not risk termination of coverage.  You must enroll in a different SFHSS plan that offers service based on your new address.  To determine if you have moved outside of your current plan's service area, please call SFHSS at (628) 652-4700.  If you will be required to elect a new plan, employees and retirees can log into eBenefits on the Employee Portal to elect a new health plan within 30 days of your move. 

Coverage under the new plan will be effective the first day of the coverage period following the date SFHSS receives your enrollment application and any required documentation.


If you are a retired SFHSS member, you must change your address separately with your retirement system.  Likewise, if you have already changed your address with your retirement system, you must also change your address with SFHSS as privacy rules prohibit your information from being shared between agencies. 

If you are a Retiree enrolled in Kaiser Senior Advantage HMO, please call SFHSS to determine if you have moved out of Kaiser's service area.  If so, you may need to submit a separate Kaiser Senior Advantage Disenrollment Form in addition to your Enrollment Application Form.  

Retirees can use eBenefits to update address info while submitting a qualifying event or retirees can use the Change of Address Form below to submit your address changes.

City and County of San Francisco and Superior Court of San Francisco Employees

City and County of San Francisco (CSF) and Superior Court of San Francisco (Court) employees should make address changes by logging in and selecting the San Francisco Employee Portal tile.  Select My Information tab from the left-hand navigation bar and then the edit pencil next to Address to update your home and preferred mailing address. Please do not use the Change of Address Form. 

San Francisco Unified School District and City College of San Francisco Employees

San Francisco Unified School District and City College of San Francisco employees should make address changes with your employer directly.  SFUSD employees need to email to request an address change form. City College of San Francisco can update their address here.  



SFHSS is here to help. Contact us with your questions at (628) 652-4700.