City and County of San Francisco, Superior Court of San Francisco, San Francisco Unified School District employees and Retirees can enroll in health benefits elections online with eBenefits.
If you are a SFUSD employee or a Retiree and have not previously registered an account, you will need to Register your Account (one-time only). Go to the How to Enroll Online steps below or watch the How to Register an Account (one-time only) video below if you need help.
For instructions on how to enroll online, download the Step by Step Instructions for New Hires and Qualifying Life Events.
If you are unable to enroll online, get Help section below.
You can use your computer, tablet, mobile device or smart phone to access eBenefits at any time. You can also access Benefits Enrollment using the same kiosks that you use for PeopleSoft time entry.
Once you are able to log in and submit changes, you can find instructional videos on How To Make Benefit Changes Online below.
How to Enroll Online
Go to the SF Employee Gateway.
Click on the SF Employee Portal icon.
If you are an SFUSD employee or Retiree and have not registered your account previously, click on "First time registration for Retirees or SFUSD". All other employees skip to Step 4.
Enter your Employee ID and password. Click Agree & Sign In.
Complete the security verification and click Verify.
For New Hires, click on the Alert. Otherwise, go to the Employee Links section, under My Links.
Under Benefits, New Hires should click on Benefits Enrollment. For Qualified Life Events, click Life Events
Step by Step Instructions for New Hires and Qualifying Life Events
How to Register an Account (One-time only) - for SFUSD and Retirees
SFUSD and Retiree members will need to register an account to use eBenefits but only once!
To help you, please watch download the easy-to-follow, step by step instructions and watch the short video below.
How to Make Benefits Changes Online
If you would like to see short video clips on how to make changes in Life Events, click on one of the topics below. Each video link will provide a quick demo on how to make elections and edits in the system.
- Getting Started
- Review / Add Dependents
- Update Personal Information
- Review Current Elections
- Medical & How to enroll/disenroll dependents or waive coverage
- Shopping Cart
- Child Care Dependent Care FSA
- Election Review
- Election Submission
- Print Enrollment Statement
- Document Upload
- Voluntary Benefits
- If you are unable to log into the Employee Portal, please contact the City and County of San Francisco’s Department of Technology Help Desk at (628) 652-5000, between the hours of 7:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday. You will be asked to provide your DSW (Employee ID) Number and some additional information to validate your identity.
- Retired Employees or Surviving Spouses, if you are unable to log into the Employee Portal, please contact the please contact SFHSS Member Services at (628) 652-4700.
- If you have questions about your benefits or eligibility, contact SFHSS at (628) 652-4700. Our telephone hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm and Thursday from 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm. Visit Contact Us for more details.
- If you are a SFUSD employee, you will be asked to provide your DSW Number (this is a unique ID number assigned to you in our benefits system and not your SFUSD Employee ID number) and some additional information to validate your identity.
- Our offices are currently closed to the public.
How to Make Benefit Changes by Fax or Mail
If you do not have access to eBenefits or are a City College of San Francisco employee, you can make your Qualifying Life Event health benefits elections by downloading and returning a completed Enrollment Application Form.
Find your Enrollment Application Form by clicking the appropriate link below.
City and County of San Francisco
Superior Court of San Francisco
Retirees with Medicare
Retirees without Medicare
Fax your completed form along with photocopies (no originals) of your supporting documentation to (628) 652-4701 or mail to SFHSS, 1145 Market Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103.