COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster Shot
Second COVID-19 Booster for 50 and Older Now Available
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently announced that the following groups who received their first booster dose at least 4 months ago can get a second booster dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine:
- People 50 and older
- People 12 and older who are moderately to severely immunocompromised
- People 18 to 49 who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine and first booster dose
Contact your health plan administrator below to make an appointment or click here for vaccination sites in San Francisco.
COVID-19 Vaccinations and Boosters
All San Francisco residents five (5) years of age and older are eligible to get COVID-19 vaccinations and residents 16 years and older are eligible for their COVID booster shot.
The City of San Francisco's vaccination policy now requires that City employees who are routinely assigned or occasionally enter High-Risk Settings, must receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine if eligible.
For the most current list of vaccine sites in San Francisco, click here.
Is There a Cost for Getting the Vaccine?
Under the public health emergency, the COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots will be available with $0 cost-share to you regardless of where you get the vaccine.
Masking Requirements in the Workplace
Effective March 18, 2022, masking is strongly recommended but no longer required in City of San Francisco worksites for most employees and the public, except in high-risk settings such as acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities, jails, and homeless shelters.
- Blue Shield of CA Trio and Access+ HMO and PPO members, click here.
- Health Net HMO members, click here.
- Kaiser Permanente HMO and Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage HMO click here.
- UHC Companion Plan PPO and UHC Medicare Advantage PPO click here.
- CVS, Walgreens and Safeway pharmacies are scheduling vaccinations and booster shots.
- SF's Department of Human Resources COVID-19 Resource page for Active City & County Employees
- GetTestedSF: COVID-19 Testing Information